piątek, 10 stycznia 2014

Why Doing Nice Things Matters



I think everyone living in a big city said, or will say at one point of their lives "oh, let's just do something nice. Let's just spend a carefree touristy day without going to this or that pretentious gallery and eating overpriced
food. Let's just have fun".

So, well, I did not SAY that but I thought of it couple days ago and asked my boyfriend if he was in for a surprising adventure. He was.

It's not that exciting - we just took a river bus from Embankment to Canary Wharf, went to the International Ice Scuplting Festival and then took the tube to Westminster and walked to the Hyde Park Corner. But guess what? I didn't have that much fun in a long time, especially for the river bus part - don't know if you knew this about me but I'm kind of London-history-trivia obssesed (this is my bible and don't let me start on the Tube! Did you know that the "W" in the West Brompton's station sign is a little bit different than the other Ws on the tube? L I F E C H A N G I N G) and seeing the City from the whole new view point was exciting. Yeah, I am a pathetic and sad little being.

Anyway, here they are, T H E pictures. And yes yes yes, I am wearing a scrunchie and no, it is not ironic - my fringe is in this worst and awkward stage and this is my temporary solution. Thank you.





















ps. Gotowi na niedzielę? Tym razem zaszokuje, zainspiruje i zmienię wasze życie wideo o pięciu radach, które pomogą wam dostać się do LCF! JUHUUUU

3 komentarze:

Anonimowy pisze...

Rady do lcf Boże dziękuję

Anonimowy pisze...

haaaa post o mnie :D uwielbiam takie dni w Londynie, uwielbiam ciekawostki historyczne miasta (lubię spacery tematyczne z przewodnikiem) i wielke WOW bo jeszcze nigdy nie spotkałam nie-Anglika i to płci żeńskiej pasjonującego się metrem jak ja ;)) (abandoned stations, oczekiwanie na crossrail, historia tuneli, yeah). W wolnym czasie buszuję w london transport museum shop polując na fajne książki i Tube-gadżeciki - nie ma to jak damskie hobby ;))
ps. Jakie jeszcze książki/strony z London history Trivia polecasz?
pozdrowienia!//Magda

Dag'marre pisze...

Jesli pasjonujesz sie metrem
to koniecznie sprawdz serie filmikow "secrets of ... line" na londonist.com. Wsiadaja w pociag wybranej linii i na kazdym przystanku prezentuja jakas ciekawostke :)